Arbortech AllSaw (AS170) - Mortar Saw
The handheld saw features two forward-facing blades that move simultaneously in an elliptical motion, instead of the spinning circular blade that is at the business end of a traditional saw. The AS170 offers levels of accuracy and control that are unique for a masonry power tool. In fact, it's the only power tool that can precisely cut deep, square corners, allowing contractors to remove single bricks with surgical precision without damaging the surrounding wall. In contrast, the AS170 performs a hammering and cutting action that lets it glide into brick or mortar cleanly and deeply, with precise stops and starts that make square cuts possible. The saw can cut directly into flush walls without stitch drilling, and it is the only small handheld saw that goes as deep as 120 mm when outfitted with the right blade.
Renovation, Restoration and RepairThe Arbortech AS170 Brick + Mortar Saw is an ideal tool for both trade professionals and DIY enthusiasts, as it covers a wide range of renovation, restoration and repair work:
- Housing repairs and re-pointing
- Extensions and additions
- Renovations and alterations
- Chimney repair & restoration
Some of the ideal applications for the AS170:
- Toothing brickwork for extensions.
- Fast removal of in-built objects such as anchors, wall plates, joists, trusses, frames, sills, beams, lintels, wall units and steps.
- Expansion joints and wall section replacement.
- Removal of in-built furniture, plumbing and vanities.
- Cutting of archways and windows.
The AS170 offers extreme levels of precision, accuracy and control allowing the tool to be used for a wide range of applications from heritage masonry work to electrical installations.
5 Day Rate